The Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) degree program provides opportunities for individuals who have completed approved Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Science degree programs.
- Completion of the SMSU's Liberal Education Program
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) from any MnSCU campus, and
- SMSU Liberal Education Graduation Requirements.
- A minimum of 30 semester credit hours through Southwest Minnesota State University.
- A minimum of 40 semester credit hours at the 300 or 400 level.
- The requirements for an approved B.A.S. major.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for courses taken while enrolled at SMSU.
Bachelor of Applied Science-Management Requirements
|ACCT 211||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|ACCT 212||Principles of Accounting II||3|
|ECON 201||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON 202||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|FIN 230||Business Statistics I||3|
|MGMT 221||Computer Concepts and Applications||3|
|BLAW 305||Business Law I: Legal Environment and Contract Law||3|
|FIN 350||Managerial Finance||3|
|MGMT 300||Management Principles||3|
|MGMT 455||Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 492||Business Policy||3|
|MGMT 495||Senior Examination||0|
|MKTG 301||Principles of Marketing||3|
|MGMT 456||Organizational Behavior and Theory||3|
|or MGMT 457||Interpersonal Skills|
|Select a minimum of 3 credits of the following:||3|
|International Business & Economics|
|Management Information Systems|
|Prod & Oper Management|
|Supply Chain Management|
|Procurement and Inventory Management|
|Transportation and Logistics Management|
|Training & Development|
|Organizational Behavior and Theory|
|Leadership and Team Management|
- A combined total of at least 42 Semester Credits must be earned in the three categories above.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.50 within the BASM major as a requirement for graduation.
- Final approval of a student’s BASM degree program shall rest with the academic advisor and SMSU’s Business and Public Affairs Department.