Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress

To be eligible for Federal or State Financial Aid, students must maintain certain academic progress standards. To receive aid in any given year, students must have met specific standards in the previous year even if they did not receive Financial Aid in the previous year. The policy is available from the Financial Aid Office or on the SMSU Web site at

Note: While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, SMSU reserves the right to correct any clerical errors herein. Also, you can submit feedback.