Liberal Arts and Sciences, AA
To earn an Associate of Arts (AA) degree from Southwest Minnesota State University (SMSU) students must complete the following requirements:
- Successfully earn a minimum of 60 credits of which 20 of the final 30 credits must be earned from SMSU.
- Successfully complete course work required for the AA degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Successfully complete the SMSU Minnesota Transfer curriculum (MnTC) (See Minnesota Transfer Curriculum)
- Students must complete a minimum of 42 credits
- All 10 goal areas must be satisfied
- Some courses may fulfill two MnTC goal areas (double count), but this does not reduce the 42 credit requirement.
- The MnTC must be completed with a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- No more than 10 credit hours may be graded credit/ no credit
- Successfully complete electives to reach a total of 60 credits.