SS 132, (507) 537-7213
The Veterans Resource Center Coordinator is here to serve the unique higher education needs of students who are Veterans, military members, or family members.
Services available include:
"Veterans Friendly" Policies and Procedures
- Payment extensions while awaiting properly applied for educational benefits.
- Military transfer credit.
- Veteran resident status.
- Registration – priority, flexibility, and withdrawals due to deployments.
On-campus Veterans Resource Centers
- Provide an environment where Veterans, military members and their families feel welcome.
- Provide information about services and resources, as well as referrals to the correct service providers.
- Provide a space to interact with other students who are Veterans and family members of veterans, gaining support and encouragement from students with similar backgrounds, experiences, and circumstances.
- Organize training on veterans issues, bring service providers on-site (family assistance workers, County Veterans Service Officers, DEED employment specialists, etc.) and the development of special events for Veterans and military families.
Coordinated Services and Information
- Facilitate communication between departments and staff who regularly interact with veterans, and whose services Veterans depend upon (admissions, financial aid, counseling, disability services, career services, etc.).
- Develop and coordinate training opportunities for campus staff on Veterans issues.
- Solicit feedback from Veterans and attempt to remove unnecessary impediments to Veterans services.