A-055.1 Career Information Procedure
Date: April 25, 2016
Approved: Connie J. Gores
Southwest Minnesota State University
This procedure implements the Southwest Minnesota State University Policy A-055 Career Information on career exploration and job opportunity information to occupational program students.
Occupational programs are technical and professional academic programs that prepare students for employment.
The Southwest Minnesota State University Office of Career Services shall:
- Provide access to sources of career exploration and job opportunities information, especially current online resources to current and prospective students.
- During the admission process, provide to students who indicate an interest in occupational programs direction to websites that provide information about career exploration and job opportunities.
- During student orientation processes, provide information using appropriate media about career exploration and job opportunities.
- Each academic term, provide notifications about the availability of resources for obtaining career exploration and job opportunities.
- Provide readily available information on career information and job prospects on the Southwest Minnesota State University website.
Taken in part from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board Policy 3.38 and Procedure 3.38.1.