Date: February 13, 1980
Approved: Jon Wefald
Revised: January 20, 2003
Approved: David C. Danahar
Southwest Minnesota State University
Filling Classified Vacancies
- All classified vacancies will be filled by procedures that are consistent with the rules and regulations established by the Minnesota Department of Employee Relations.
- Notification to classified personnel of vacant positions and open examinations will be the following:
- Posted in work locations as stipulated in Agreements reached between the State of Minnesota and recognized collective bargaining unit(s).
- Posted on employee bulletin boards located in the University Human Resources Office.
- The position will be filled as stipulated by the appropriate bargaining union agreement.
- The filling of new classified and vacated continuing classified positions shall be consistent with the goals of the Affirmative Action program.
- Any of the above statements will be null and void for members of a particular bargaining unit when the statements are inconsistent with agreements reached between the State of Minnesota and recognized collective bargaining units.