Approved: Oliver Ford
Date: May 6, 1994
Southwest Minnesota State University
MSUAASF "Retired With Distinction" Status
- Retired with Distinction status means retired from active service, usually for age, at one’s title.
- Candidates shall be considered for nominations within one year of the effective date of retirement from Southwest Minnesota State University.
- The candidate must have a minimum of ten years service to SMSU.
- To be eligible, the candidate must have served the University with distinction.
- Nominations for this status must originate from the MSUAASF unit.
- Candidates for this status will be nominated by a secret vote of MSUAASF members, a simple majority of those voting being necessary.
- Nominations for this status shall be sent to the Offices of the Provost and the Vice President for Student and Administrative Affairs for forwarding to the President. Conferring of the Retired with Distinction status shall be made by the President and his/her designee.
- Privileges of this status at the University shall include access to the University library, invitation to University sponsored events, and receipt of FOCUS. Upon request of the recipient, the University will consider providing other services or privileges which would enhance this mutual long term relationship.
- Normally, the award will be presented during Commencement.
- The recipient’s name will be included with listings of other award recipients in major University publications.