Date: April 22, 1980
Approved: Jon Wefald
Revised: May 13, 1994
Approved: Oliver Ford
Southwest Minnesota State University
- Based upon the following procedures, the President may confer the Southwest Minnesota State University President’s Award upon any person who has contributed meritorious service to the University and to higher education in Southwest Minnesota.
- Nominations for the Southwest Minnesota State University President’s Award will be made to the President’s Office.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the President’s Staff. University components will be informed of the names of those people nominated by the president to receive the award. The President will, following his/her decision to grant the award, notify the recipient of the award.
- Normally, the recipient of an award will be recognized at Commencement Exercises.
- Normally, the recipient’s name will be printed in major University publications under a category entitled “Recipients of the Southwest Minnesota State University President’s Award.”